Friday, December 6, 2019
Banner Top
Iran warns US of ‘all-out war’ if attacked over missile strike on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities

Javad Zarif, Iran’s foreign minister, warned the US and Saudi Arabia not to attack his country over the missile attack on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities – Zarif said, contrary to the statements by the US and Saudi officials, his country was not responsible for the attacks – The foreign minister threatened an “all-out war” if his country is attacked, saying “we won’t blink to defend our territory” Javad Zarif, Iran’s foreign minister, has warned the United States and Saudi Arabia not to take any military action against his country following the missile attack on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities. In an exclusive interview with CNN, Zarif threatened an “all-out war” if his country is attacked, saying Saudi Arabia would have to fight “to the last American soldier.” Recall that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s oil industry suffered a loss following drone attacks on the country’s refinery plants at Khurais and Abqaiq. Xenophobia: They burnt my shop, killed my husband, S/African police did nothing – Grieving returnee laments Though the Houthi rebels in Yemen have claimed responsibility for the attack, US and Saudi officials have been highlighting possible involvement of Iran. Zarif denied Iran’s involvement in the attack, saying the Houthi rebels who claimed responsibility for the attack have stepped up their military capabilities and are capable of conducting a sophisticated operation. “I cannot have any confidence that they did it because we just heard their statement. I know that we didn’t do it. I know that the Houthis made a statement that they did it,” he said. However, Saudi Ministry of Defense spokesman Turki al-Malki said weapons that missed their targets were found to be Iranian-made. He added that investigations revealed that the drones and missiles were likely launched from the north of the kingdom, and not from the direction of Yemen, which lies southwest of the country. Asked what would happen if US or Saudi military attacked Iran, Zarif said: “All-out war.” Tribunal ruling: PDP readies for war as BoT leaders hold meeting with Atiku in Dubai, ahead of S/Court battle “I make a very serious statement about defending our country. I am making a very serious statement that we don’t want to engage in a military confrontation,” Zarif said. He added that a military response from the US and Saudi Arabia based on “deception” about the attacks would cause “a lot of casualties.” “But we won’t blink to defend our territory,” he said. Zarif’s statement is believed to be a direct response to President Donald Trump’s tweet that the US was “locked and loaded” but was waiting for Saudi Arabia to decide on how to proceed. The foreign minister, however, said his country was willing to talk to its regional rivals Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates for peace to reign. He also added that Iran will return to negotiations with the US if President Trump provided full sanctions relief as promised under the 2015 nuclear deal. Xenophobia: Fireworks as ex foreign affairs minister blows hot over attacks, insists Nigeria must sue S/Africa “If they lift the sanctions that they re-imposed illegally then that’s a different situation. Then we would consider (talks),” Zarif said. Recall that the US president pulled out of the nuclear deal in May 2018 and has since imposed more than 1,000 individual sanctions on Iran. Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani is scheduled to visit the United States for the United Nations General Assembly in New York later in September. Rouhani has, however, said that he may cancel his appearance if visas for his delegation are not issued imminently. PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet! Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that President Muhammadu Buhari said that Nigeria would stand in solidarity with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia following drone attacks on the country’s refinery plants. Thepresident stated this in a statement by his senior special assistant on media and publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Monday, September 16. Xenophobia: Following widespread condemnation of attacks, S/African president dispatches envoys to Nigeria, others President Buhari said Nigeria once experienced attacks on her own oil facilities, adding that such attacks represent economic warfare aimed at damaging a government.

LEGIT

Comments

comments

Banner Content
Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments

%d bloggers like this: