The National Council on Privatisation (NCP), chaired by Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo, met on August 22 and 23, 2017, and approved the following:
- Commencement of privatisation of Afam Power plants 1–5 to inject additional power into the national grid & improve electricity nationwide.
- Pursuit of an out-of-court settlement involving the privatisation of Aluminium Smelter Company of Nigeria (ALSCON).
- The immediate revocation of the concession of the Lagos International Trade Fair Complex.
- Immediate commencement of a fresh privatisation of Yola Electricity Distribution Company.
- Amendments to Work Plan for the conclusion of the transaction for the concessioning of Terminal “B” Warri Old Port.
- The restructuring and recapitalisation of the Bank of Agriculture.
- Immediate commencement of reform and commercialisation of the River Basin Development Authorities, to revitalise irrigation.
- The partial commercialisation of Nigeria’s National Parks using three key national parks as pilot projects.
The NCP is the highest decision-making body on the privatisation and commercialisation policies of the Federal Goverment of Nigeria #NCPBrief.