While speaking during an interview on AIT television programme, Kakaaki, on Monday morning, President Buhari’s spokesperson, Garba Shehu, said it hopes the certificate forgery scandal involving the finance minister, Kemi Adeosun, would soon be proven as false, claiming that investigations are still on after more than 60 days since news broke online.
The Presidency who made its first public comment on the matter, said the federal government would take the appropriate action immediately details of the investigations are made public, adding that the allegations against a key member of the administration were yet to be proven.
Recall that the Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, was in July 2018, accused in an exclusive report by PT that she skipped the mandatory one-year National Youth Service Corps scheme and forged a certificate that indicated she was exempted from participating.
Shehu, who was responding to allegations of corruption against top officials of the administration said ‘some persons’ were looking forward to a predetermined outcome from the allegations hence their disappointment with the government’s (in)action so far.
“The minister of information has spoken on the matter. And a process is ongoing to address the allegations. When that process is complete, Nigerians will know the outcome,” Shehu said during the interview.
When challenged on the length of time the ‘investigation’ was taking, Shehu said: “It is not for me to decide (the duration). I don’t have the full facts of the matter, so why the investigation is not out, I don’t know. I hope there will be an early outcome.
“Don’t forget, these people (Mrs Adeosun and other indicted officials), whose names are being dragged in the mud have families and relatives. We hope their innocence will be established,” he said.