Three soldiers arrested among a kidnapping gang in the outskirt of Maiduguri have been dismissed by the Nigerian Army – The disclosure was made on Sunday, September 22, by the theater commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Olusegun Adeniyi – Adeniyi made the disclosure while handling the dismissed soldier to the police in Maiduguri – The commander says the army’s code of conduct is strict and high, adding that no evil soldier will be allowed to serve in the army The Nigerian Army has dismissed three soldiers arrested among a kidnapping gang in the outskirts of Maiduguri. Major General Olusegun Adeniyi, the theater commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, disclosed this while handing over the dismissed soldiers to the police in Maiduguri on Sunday, September 22, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports. Legit.ng gathers that Adeniyi said that the soldiers were arrested with 22 other suspects by a joint patrol team in the early hours of Sunday at a building in the outskirts of Maiduguri. Bandits release 30 more captives in Zamfara He said that the soldiers were initially deployed to the Operation Lafiya Dole, but engaged in nefarious activities such as kidnapping, armed robbery, killings and cultism. Adeniyi added that the erring soldiers were dismissed in accordance with the military procedures, warning that the army would not condone criminals in its fold. He said: “The three soldiers were caught among the evil group, there was further resistance and attempt to escape, so we tied them up with ropes because handcuffs were not available. “In addition; we could not put violent men that do these kind of crimes into a police van to take to the station, there will be breakout on the road and we know what would happen. “We have to restrain them thoroughly with ropes before we take them and handover to the police. “The Acting GOC, 7 Division, Brig Gen AK Ibrahim, has conducted military procedures. We do not keep armed robbers, kidnappers and cultists in the army, they had been dismissed.” Nigerian Army discloses where fleeing Boko Haram terrorists are hiding The commander, who called on the people to be vigilant and report suspicious persons, movement and activities to security agencies, said no evil soldier would be allowed to serve in the army. He said: “Our code of conduct is strict and high, no evil soldier will be allowed to serve in the army.” PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Nigerian Army had commenced a new operation in the northeastern region of Nigeria to tackle the menace of Boko Haram terrorists in the area. The new operation, the Nigerian Army said is aimed at searching and arresting all fleeing members of Boko Haram and ISWAP elements that roam some parts of the northeastern region of the country.